Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to bring to my first appointment?
- Please have your patient registration including health history completed prior to your first appointment.
- Driver’s license
- Insurance card
- Medication list
- Any intraoral appliance (ie…night guard, SUAD, retainer, etc.)
How long will my first appointment last?
- 2 hours for a comprehensive new patient appointment
- New patient emergencies are welcome and will be scheduled accordingly
What should I expect from my first appointment?
- Your first appointment is scheduled with one of our hygienists.
- Radiographs (typically a panoramic and bite wing x-rays, additional x-rays taken as needed)
- Intraoral and extraoral photographs
- Complete periodontal chart
- Soft tissue exam
- Head and neck exam
- OSA questionnaire and screening
- Doctor exam
- Adult prophy (regular teeth cleaning for an adult without periodontal disease)
Do I get my teeth cleaned at my first appointment?
- All patients are scheduled to have their teeth cleaned.
- Patients presenting with periodontal disease may have additional “deep cleaning” appointments recommended.
How do I prevent cavities?
- Brush, floss, fluoride, and a healthy diet
- Beyond the basics, each patient is different and our hygienists recommend a variety of home care tools and strategies.
How can I get my kids to brush their teeth?
- Modeling proper home techniques
- Establishing a routine
What is periodontal disease?
Do you offer sedation?
- Nitrous oxide gas
- Oral sedatives
- We do NOT provide IV sedation
Do you accept my insurance?
- We are preferred providers for several insurances
- Click here to see if we are in network for your insurance provider
Does mouthwash help?
- Not as a substitution for brushing and flossing
- Fluoride rinses can help (such as ACT)
Are you accessible for patients with disabilities?
- We are happy to make special arrangements when given advanced notice